Thursday, November 25, 2010

thanksgiving

So today is thanksgiving and it was the first day that felt really like winter in New York – which considering how late that is, that's not so bad. Still it was steel grey and spit rain and wasn't pleasant. My Thanksgiving was nice, but where I really wanted to be was the boardwalk at Coney Island/Brighton Beach. One of my favorite things about living in Brooklyn is the proximity to the ocean. I know it's not like South Beach or LA but I feel I can think and clear my mind out there better than anywhere...so I am thankful that I live by the ocean. And oddly enough I like it best off season when it's cold and empty.
here are some photos I took there on a different wintry day...and i hope to go again soon!
oh. and happy thanksgiving!
 feeding the seagulls
 just 2 old guys

 this photo makes me think of a mobile...they look suspended

 these dogs are behind the fence to guard the kiddie rides...which seems kind of pointless...who would bother with them???

No comments:

Post a Comment